Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

exhaust and back window?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by st08x, Nov 12, 2002.

1. st08x

st08x Registered Member

does anybody have the problem with the exhaust coming in the back window when its down? i used to have my tips going out the side and it was still getting in the truck, so i put them out the back, smell still gets in but looks nice, any way to get around this when the back window is down? away with the tips? out the side again? ??...

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Get the rear wing that mounts on your cap. Other than that you really need to have it piped out the side to the stock locations.

3. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I have read what other people have said in the forum before and somebody once said that if you run the exhaust out in front of the rear tire, the rear tire creates a swirling affect that causes exhaust to actually be pushed out away from the truck more. My exhaust currently comes out in front of the tire and I have no exhaust entering the truck, from what I can tell, not that it's that easy to smell anyways. but other than that you should be very careful about running the exhaust out of the back, it will go inside the truck. I would say put it in the stock location or run it out by the tire.

4. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

When I had my exhuast in stock location (single exit) no smell.... i changed out to a single in dual out flw master with 2 tips triaght back on either side of the hithc. wow! that was a crap load of exhuast i'd smell! Now I have em coming out at 45 degree angles on each corner of the bumper with true duals and dynomax's. Its better than before. Its bearable (more so than before.)

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I have duals coming out the side right in front of the rear tires and it comes in the back AND the side windows. Don't know what to do. Everything was fine when the top was off. Dang I wish I could leave the top off all year... Time to move into a place with a tall garage...

6. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

I have a 50 series flow with dual 2 1/4" tips exiting out the sides, and I do not get any exhaust with the back window down.

My rear quarters are chopped up to the molding strip, and the pipes exit right under the molding (pretty much behind the rear bumper).

Thomas.

7. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

Mine exit behind the rear tires and I have no smell in the cab. I was thinking about dumping them in front of the rear end but I was afraid I'd get exhaust smell inside the truck.