Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust blower motor went out (boat)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by WakeBoard&4X4er, Jun 17, 2002.

1. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I have a 1973 Cobalt boat and the exhaust blower motor went out last weekend. Has any one here ever replaced one like this one or any? I could use some pointers. I can see the blower and have not looked at it too much. what do you all think?

2. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

It's real easy, disconnect the vent tube and wires, and unbolt it. You might have to pull out the engine cover to get at it. Get a replacement of similair size (CFM). When reinstalling I would use butt connectors and heat shrink tubing to cut down on corrosion. Hope this helps.

Mike

3. WakeBoard&4X4er

I was thinking it would be about that easy. When i was out last weekend the motor was clcking and then just shut off. when i opened the hood, i could see the blower real easy. i just opened the hood and the drives side rear seat. and could see it, i just did not have any tools or any one that would be any help.
    do you know if the hose that is on the Exit side, should it be up in the open for the exit side? i would think so, but mine is not. it is just on the floor near the lift motor.

thanks for the info..

Brett /forums/images/icons/grin.gif <font color="blue"> </font color>

4. WakeBoard&4X4er

It is fixed,
    Dam Mud dobers got in there and made a home. All fited and works great. Thanks for the help.