Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

exhaust clearance problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by flyndragons, Oct 29, 2003.

1. flyndragons

flyndragons Registered Member

I need to put a nw exhaust on my 84 Blazer. I want to put headers back on and keep my true duel set up but upgrade to 3" pipe. HOWEVER, I have ORD's HD greasable shackles on it and they are posing a HUGE clearance problem for headers. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Any suggestions on headers or places that I can order pre bent pipe through?

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I have had problems with the stock hangers, I simply had to shorten the excess of the upper bolt on my HD ord brackets....

seems like all headers pose problems here and there

3. flyndragons

flyndragons Registered Member

I'm playing with the idea of Shorty headers and weaseling the pipe around the brackets but it is pretty hard to just snake 3" pipe anywhere lol.

4. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Shorties are alright but if you read some of the most recent post you'll see full lengths are a bit better...3" pipe may be a bit overkill if you keep it 3" all the way back...I ran 3" off both headers into one single 3" and ended up 2 (2 1/4") pipes when it was all said and done that way i keep some backpressure

besides stock manifolds not being 3" at the collector they may be a better choice