Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

exhaust cross-over pipe

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AKbigsub, Jan 31, 2007.

1. AKbigsub

AKbigsub 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What have you guys done to your cross-over pipe to: 1) clear the front driveshaft, 2) not hang down and snag on rocks, 3) remain emissions legal? Mine hangs down right now but I was thinking about running both pipes from the manifolds to behind the t-case and then crossing over. To do this, the cat will have to be moved aft about a foot. I checked with an emissions inspecter up here and he said the cat needs to be left at the distance from the engine that the factory originally put it. Alaska emissions laws won't allow true duals, even if I dual the oxygen sensors and cats. What have you guys done?
    Also, I will be clocking the t-case in the next year so I need the exhaust up so I can fab and install a skid plate.

Oh yah, it's a '90 V2500 Suburban with 10 bolt front, 14 bolt FF rear with Detroit locker, 4.10's, 6" front springs, rear shackle flip with extended cross tied shackles and zero-rate. 350 cid, TH400, 241C.

2. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Here is how I did mine.

100_0912 700X527.jpg

100_1422 700X527.jpg

3. AKbigsub

Any more ideas?

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I built mine to go under the oil pan. Although my setup is a little different it gives you a idea.
    [​IMG]

5. AKbigsub

Do you have to worry about emissions with the headers? And how difficult is it to drop the oil pan? I don't see an O2 sensor; I'm assuming this is the rig in your sig, it is the same year as my burb which has an O2 sensor after the Y.

Edit: I just re-read your sig and got your rig mixed up with another one. Yours is an '85 and mine is a '90.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  6. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

The O2 sensor is probably in the header. Mine is in the factory manifold right before where the Y connects. My plan is to make mine like the first photo. I too have to stay emissions legal.

As far as headers just buy a 50 state legal set and you should be good to go.

Ira