Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

exhaust done, verry satisfied with mufflers I bought. flmaster alternative

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by foxman, Dec 18, 2003.

1. foxman

foxman 1/2 ton status

Hey everybody. Just got my system welded up and am so pleased with the sound I just have to spread the news!
    I ran duals strait back with an H pipe in the middle behind the t-case. I bought some mufflers off ebay called speedrex mufflers. I was a little skeptical about them at first but when the arrived I was excited to get them put on. these bad boys are heavy 16 guage aluminized steel and powder coated black. The description the manufacturer of the mufflers gave was that the sounded like flowmaster under heavy acceleration and idle, but at cruseing speeds were very mild. This is perfect for anyone in my situation (Daily Driver) so basically you can adjust the sound with the gas pedal. After the system was installed I turned her over and I swear you would think my 350 tbi had turned into a big block. What a POWERFUL tone! i had my exhaust guy weld on some "echo cans" about 12 inches long (slant cut) and aimed them out the back. Now if I want to scare anybody all I have to do is drop it in Neutral and at high rpm's it will "bark" on let off. I'll say that this and the headers were the best investment I've made for the truck so far... I would highly recommend these mufflers, they don't resonate in the cab like flowmasters and are half the price!!! The manufacturer lists them on ebay under an auction that says something lik "like flowmaster mufflers" and I got mine for like 75.99 + shipping for the pair.

Hope to become a member here soon, since I've been wearin the label in the windshield for the last 4 months...

Give these muffs a try, you won't be dissapointed.

Jeremy

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I haven't heard of them, I have dual 40 series flowmasters with dual 5" tips and with my built 406 it sounds huge and agressive. They sound sweet! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

cool ,i'll be in the market for an exhaustsoon. i have dyno max headers but the rest is flex pipe an murry;s auto $9.00 mufflers,just till everything else was done.i wonder if anyone local sell's em?i'd like to hear them,were are you in detroit?i work at 8 mile and evergreen,but i know the city pretty good. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. foxman

foxman 1/2 ton status

I'm in grosse pointe area but work at wayne state every day. I work at a murrays auto parts too on harper at 11 and a half mile. I work there Saturday open till 4:00 if you are in the area stop in and I'll let ya hear them...
    /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Jeremy

5. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Give these muffs a try, you won't be dissapointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 00silverstreak

00silverstreak Registered Member

That sounds like what i got planned. LT's with 3" to a 2.5" x pipe then split back out 2 12" flopro twisties. Got em on an LT1 and LS1 so its only fitting i do it to the K5. Im pretty sure its going to sound just like the LT1.
    S

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

cool,probably after the holidays. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

Re: exhaust done, verry satisfied with mufflers I bought. flmaster alternat

I know when I get to that bridge ...I will be using a local muffler company !!!! Flowmaster ...... They started out in Kenwood and moved around a little and now are in my hometown Santa Rosa ,CA {wine country usa } !!! I good friend is a head machinist there .... I was told that when they first started Santa Rosa alot of pieces left out the backdoor and were taken home and welded to make complete mufflers ... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif