Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust Duals out Singles in

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigBurban350, Dec 19, 2002.

1. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Everybody and their mother runs an after market DUAL exhaust. Doesn't anybody run a single pipe? I did some math....A dual 2.25" exhaust has a crossectional area of 7.9 insqd total compared to a single 3.5" exhaust which has a crossectional area of 9.6 insqd. If you have a dual 2.5", its only .2 insqd larger which is not that big adeal. A single exhaust would also sound a lot better since the sound interlaces between each bank. Remember you need some "backpressure" to get that torque at lower RPMs, so like a dual 3" would be over kill(unless your running a BIG Block) /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I prefer my exhaust in stereo, just like my music.

3. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Doesn't anybody run a single pipe?

[/ QUOTE ]

I run a single exhaust. 2.25 from the manifolds to 3" through a H/F cat to a 3" flowmaster, Then 3" all the way out. It dumps out on the left side behind the tire and tucked up as close to the body as possible since I trimmed off the bottom of the rear quarter. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I run "parked in drive way" 3 inch exaust......but I also have a big block /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Why does everyone say you gotta have a Big Block to run 3in duals? What if you got a sb with motor work I dont think 3in is to big.

6. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

I run a single 3" with a 350 down the driver's side and love both the sound and the performance.

7. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

I run a single 3" with a 350 down the driver's side and love both the sound and the performance.