Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust Exit and Fumes in the Cab...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerGuy, Nov 9, 2000.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I know that if the exhaust dumps straight out the back, I will more than likely get a big whiff of exhaust fumes when the rear window is down. My question is how much does a rear wing help to deter the fumes when it exits out the back. My current setup is stock(pipes exiting at 90 degrees behind driver side tire) and I can only smell the fumes(with rear window down) sometimes when at idle for extended periods of time. Thanks for your advice[​IMG]

[​IMG]FUN WITH 31's![​IMG]

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

There was a post about this a while ago and if I remember right, the wing helps a lot. I have my pipes exit pointing towardthe corner and I can smell it a little when driving, but its not too bad.

90K5

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

On that note, has anybody installed a rear wind deflector other than the stock GM one? There are a few different manufacturers out there that make aftermarket ones- maybe someone has a pic of one on their Blazer?