Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

exhaust fumes in the cab

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stock86, Apr 10, 2002.

1. stock86

stock86 Registered Member

I wondering if there are anything I can do to keep exhaust fumes out of the truck when I ride with the back glass down.my exhaust exits at the back of the truck and not the sides. dont know if this contributes..thanks

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the exciting world of owning Blazers!!

there is a "deflector shield" that helps from what I have heard. I just keep the top off and I have problems keeping rain out of the cab, but no exhaust/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

p.s. fill out your profile...it's a bit of a pet-peeve around these parts/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep, getting the wind deflector and exiting the exhaust out the side will.........let you breathe easier.

5. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

I have exhaust out the side, and it will come in if u are idling or on a trail, but it isnt that much. it doesnt bother me n e. Just dont think of al the brain cells you are killing.

NITRO

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

yes it does. you need to put the out at the rear corners. then you will only get the fumes at a stop light.
    grant

7. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I had a Blazer with true duals that ran out the sides and I couldn't so much as crack the rear window without fear of suffocation. I didn't have the deflector though. Now, my new Blazer (Jimmy) has the stock single side exit and no deflector, and I don't have any fumes either cracked or all the way down.