Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust gas question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Redfrog, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

Why would the driver side bank (drivers side exhaust) be burning richer than the passenger side? or vice versa. It has true duals. One side has more exhaust gas exiting than the other the same one smells richer than the other. Any Ideas?
    TIA

HEY Fords!!! how many flushes does it
    take to get rid of you

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

No, that's a silly idea. I can't imagine it being possible unless someone had stagger jetted a carb incorrectly.

You're sniffing too much exhaust. :)

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

3. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

Hey guess what, It is possible because it is happening right now in my 79' :) as far as the jets in the carb goes I did not think of that. After all it is a junk holley thanks for the idea

take to get rid of you

4. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

Hey guess what, It is possible because it is happening right now in my 79' :) as far as the jets in the carb goes I did not think of that. After all it is a junk holley thanks for the idea

take to get rid of you

5. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

With a Holley it is possible to stagger the jets. That might be what you have here. (I kinda think it's unlikely) If you have a dual plenum manifold, both sides of the engine are fed with both sides of he carb.

Check the plugs, pull the plugs and if you do have a problem, the plug should "tell" you. If one of the plugs have a different color then the rest- something is wrong. Check the gaps, plug wires, and compresion.