Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, Oct 22, 2000.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    My 84 needs a new exhaust! My factory manifolds dont fit right since the crate engine, so they need to go too. I dont really care if I go with headers or not, but need a O2 bung, would prefer a shortie header like JBA's, but would like to keep the AIR system. I need to pass visual emmissions so cats are a must, but they need to be replaced too. Dont really care if its a dual or single. I just want a really clean decent sounding but not deafining system

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Edelbrock makes some headers that have a bung for the O2 sensor, and you can get a hi-flow cat that doesn't hurt performance. Carsounds, Catco and Random technologies make them.

90K5

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Doug Thorley headers are 50 state legal. With an '84 you'll need to use only one cat (by law) then you can eather do a dual cat back system or a single cat back system.

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"