Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust Help?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by scubastifler, Jul 15, 2003.

1. scubastifler

scubastifler Registered Member

I have a 2001 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Z71 with a 5.3 V8.
    I just put on true duals with 2.25 inch piping with two flowmaster 40 series mufflers. But it sounds like [I love Jeeps]. Very quiet and raspy. My V6 with the same exhaust was louder.
    I want the loudest and deepest exhaust I can get What should i do?

Steve

2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

You should have used one 40 and you would have gotten the sound your looking for. I had a 3 chamber on my '00 Silverado and it was deep, not loud but deep. Have someone give you a drive by and see if you like it then. Usually hearing it when your outside of the truck makes all the diffrence.

3. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

are they with or without cats? the 50 series is deeper and more mellow than the 40. but, i agree, one probably would have worked better.

4. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I run a single in dual 2 1/2" out 40 series on my 01 GMC with a 4.8. I ran turndowns at first, right after the muffler. Loved the way it sounded, but it gave me a headache because of the reverb in the cab. Switched to tips out the back at an angle behind the tire. I think they are 22" long 4" diameter. Sounds different now, but still really good. I heard it when someone drove it for me the other day. Really liked it! I can take some pics if you want to see it.

Kris

5. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I have a 96 Tahoe 5.7 Vortech. I run TRUE dual exhaust with no mufflers (just two cats and four 02 sensors.) It is SOOOOOOO loud. My neighbors totally hate me. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I run my 95 TBI 5.7 with just a Y Pipe and Flowmaster, my neighbor hates me too /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. He thinks being loud is going fast so when I go by he gives me the handle signal to slow down even though my truck can't even reach the speed limit on my road by the time I hit his house! ha. I was running right out the cat but it was too quiet the flowmaster is only slightly quieter than straight out the y pipe. Factory cats work pretty good as mufflers. ALl the ones I have dealt with anyway.