Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust Ideas?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BaylorK5, Aug 3, 2001.

1. BaylorK5

BaylorK5 Registered Member

My catalytic converter, pipes behind the cat, and muffler have all seen better days, It doesn't take a genius to hear the leaks in the exhaust at idle. What do you guys recommend? Being a college student I really don't want to break the bank here but I want quality products with good tone. Those qualities usually lead to breaking the bank however. Thank you in advance.

2. Rockjunkies

Rockjunkies 1/2 ton status

You have just described open exhaust!!!!!!

But I wouldn't recomend it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep it simple!

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Grab a catco catalytic converter anda flow master after cat. system. Total shouldnt be over $275 parts, labor is the only variable. This will give you a single-rear-drivers-side-exhaust exit.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Check into the Flowmaster Force 2 cat back system. I think http://www.summitracing.com/ sells them for around $250.
    For the converter I would go with a Catco cat They are about the same price but flow better than stock converter.

5. BaylorK5

I really appreciate it guys, I'm gonna check into that idea.

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i took mine to a exhaust shop and had true duels put on from the manifolds all the way back to right behind each tire with flowmasters put on for $350 i dont have cats but you said you only need from the cat back just my .02

77blazer see it at<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</a>

7. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Stop in at your local muffler shop and get there price to do it.....also tell them your low on funds and see if they will just bend you new ones that you can install......

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

8. k5texan

k5texan 1/2 ton status

if the cat is good just go to the shop and run straight pipe probaly cost around 70 bucks.
    i did this with true duels and it only cost me 100 for it, so one pipe should be cheaper.

9. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Yeah.. Flowmaster's..
    I have 2 40-series dual chamber's on mine...
    I love it.. not to loud.. not to quiet..
    As for Cat's.. mine were removed when i bought the truck.. so I don't intend on putting one back in.. until it becomes mandatory..
    And.. hello Fellow Texan..
    My girlfriend grew up in Waco./ Hewitt area..
    You interested in a off-road run?

Round Rock, Texas I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rocko.rockcrawler.com>www.rocko.rockcrawler.com</a>

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Hey Charlie, do they give you crap about not having cats when you get your inspection sticker?? I have to get mine this month and I ain't running cats.....

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.k5.rockcrawler.com>Click here to see my K5</a>
    *<font color=red>under construction</font color=red>*

11. Hey mudhog! Did your truck come from the factory with true duals? If not what state are you in where you can convert to true duals legally? OR is it not?

Thanks

Damn I need to learn how to use my welder!![​IMG]
    (90 Jimmy 350 TBI, 14 FF/10 bolt, 4.56, tires ??
    (ftn96)

12. BaylorK5

Rocko......
    I'd definitely be interested in a run sometime, I'd have to know a while in advance though because the blazer is going to stay in Beaumont with my dad and I'm gonna drive his 95 camry. I'd love to take the blazer, but it would be much cheaper for my dad to drive it, and easier to work on. I'm sure I'll take the blazer up to Waco occasionally.