Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust is now installed, pics of course

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Yukon Jack, May 24, 2005.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Drove the K20 to American Muffler and had exhaust installed. The system is 3" pipe from the headers to the x-pipe, then 2 1/2" to Dynomax UltraFlo's and continues as 2 1/2" pipe dumping at the rear of the flatbed angled down slightly. The truck is running pretty rough, back firing or missing - now that I can actually hear the motor it sounds like a timing issue and a rocker or two need to be adjusted.

Here are some pics of the system. This is the X-pipe that I had built by someone I found on E-bay.

[​IMG]

Rather than use the collector piece that came with the headers, American Muffler made their own piece

[​IMG]

The passenger side collector was fairly close to the transfer case. Here is a pic of the pipe coming over the transfer case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the X-pipe installed directly behind the transfer case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is an example of the welds at the X-pipe

[​IMG]

Here are the Dynomax mufflers

[​IMG]

Pretty straight shot to the rear of the truck

[​IMG]

The pipes dumb right before the hitch and are well protected

[​IMG]

As the motor is running rough I have not gotten on the gas to see how the system sounds - will have to wait to see what is wrong with the motor.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D
    Damn that looks cool. Crazy how long the rear pipes look in a pic. Looks like you too had a good shop doin great work :D :D
    Good luck on the stumble....
    Burt

3. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    that body lift makes it easy to stick that exhaust up nice and high,eh! :thumb:

4. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

Looks great! I bet it sounds great too...Or atleast it will when the engine is running smooth ;)

5. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

What is that extra crossmember you have behind the transfercase for? The one with a small skidplate on it.

6. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

At first I thought that was where the carrier bearing is located. But looking again I think the carrier bearing is about a foot behind it. I will take a look and let you know for sure.