Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust kit for 1990 Burb?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by rich, Aug 21, 2005.

1. rich

rich 1/2 ton status

Hey!

My 1990 Burb with stock 6.2 diesel needs new exhaust. I wanted a Banks Stinger kit (3-inch single exhaust, pyrometer, and cold-air intake), but I called, and that kit has been discontinued. :( I am not going to turbo this truck, just looking for a good performance exhaust since mine needs to be replaced.

Either single or dual is fine with me. Want as good a performance increase as I can get from exhaust replacement, but not loud - good sound is OK, but not obnoxious. This is a family hauler/tow-rig.

I don't know of a reliable exhaust shop locally that can build me something good, so would rather order a kit and put it on myself (I have a 2-post lift and a welder, so no prob).

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
    Richard

2. 86dieselburb

86dieselburb 1/2 ton status

If Banks discontinued the Sidewinder exhaust does that mean they discontinued producing their turbo system also????? I'll be pissed if thats the case.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

3. rich

rich 1/2 ton status

No, they still have the **Sidewinder** complete turbo/exhaust/pyrometer system, but they have discontinued the **Stinger** kit that is not turbo, just exhaust/pyrometer/cold air intake. They discontinued the **Stinger** for the 82-87 truck & 82-91 Blazer/Burb, but still have it for other applications.

4. 86dieselburb

86dieselburb 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the good news. I just bought a 6.5 block, cranks, cam, rods and other related parts and was planning a rebuild with a Banks turbo. I feel better now.

Seems odd that they would discontinue selling the exhaust though, since the exhaust is part of the turbo kit.

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

No they just discontinued the kit.
    The exhaust is still sold with the Turbo, but not as a seperate kit.
    :D

6. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

yeah bad idea... :screwy: