Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EXHAUST LEAK

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by johnnysjimmy, Apr 15, 2002.

1. johnnysjimmy

johnnysjimmy Registered Member

I need some of the experts help! I just got my crate motor in this weekend. A friend of mine broke off the last manifold bolt on the right side and stripped the threads. in the bottom of the hole. the threads are too bad to tap. I tried. How can this be fixed without taking the motor out or pulling the head. Is there anyway to fix this with drastic measures?

2. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I belive it could be done without removing the inner fender well but that might make it easier to get to. I'm no expert though. On something like that I would probably call a mechanic and ask them to estimate the job. If it were cheap enough it might be worth having someone else do that kind of job. I like to work on my truck and the more I learn how to do the better, but if something is over your head it is sometimes worth the money to have it done. If you take on something like that and mess it up it could get real expensive real quick.