Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust Manifold Doughnuts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Russell, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey guys!

I've got a set of those over the plug style manifolds that typically seemed to come on 305s installed on my 355. However, I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a doughnut for the driver's side exhaust flange.

Its got some weird cylinder that has a 2.5" OD jutting out of the bottom of the manifold flange, and neither me or the guys at Napa are able to find something that will work, nor can I find any reference online.

I'm gonna snap a pic of it tommorow, and maybe one of you guys can identify it.

Anyone reconize it by the description I've given?

Thanks!

Russ

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

IIRC the EFE setups use a "half donut" with a metal sleeve that fits up into the EFE (since that is a flat surface, not flared for a donut) and the "donut" half sealing the flared exhaust pipe.

I'm guessing that piece you are talking about is a leftover ring from another seal?

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

This is the type i used but had a hell of a job getting them. In the end, Mrk5 got them for me. If this is your type, PM Scot and see where he bought them.

4. Russell

Oh, I managed to find the EFE valve gasket / half doughnut no problem. I've bought a few of them in the past, and the girl at Napa that I deal with all the time knew exactly what I was talking about.

Its the driver's side manifold that is throwing me for a loop. Its got a odd 1/4" thick 2.5" Outside Diameter cylinder shoved into it. I'm gonna pull the manifold off today and see if that thing comes out, or maybe cut it off and grind it into a flare for a regular exhaust doughnut...

5. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

i know exactly what manifolds youre talking about theyre common 80 and up cars trucks vans, all of them, get a pic or two of what exactly you need and if you cant find at a local store then someone on here like me that has years of parts stashed everywhere could help ya, i know i have at least one pair of them around, but they are the car ones- two stud outlet instead of the truck three stud ones, otherwise identical,

good luck

6. Russell

Ah, figured it out!

Winds up the same half dougnut that is pushed into the EFE valve is pushed into that cylinder thinger.

My truck now has half of it's exhaust work done, just need to connect the pass side pipe up after the increase to the 2.5" pipe, and weld her up now.

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i have mine, still good i think
    yours for shipping

8. Russell

Thanks for the offer Surpip! Already got a set of them though :)

Need to go and buy a 35 degree elbow, and a small peice of 2" pipe, then I can get everything welded up tommorow :)