Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust manifold?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Cove-Rider, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Cove-Rider

Cove-Rider Registered Member

okay so i dont have an air pump anymore on my 85 blazer (was like that when i bought it) and i wanted to cap off the two points of intake for the air pump but i cant find anybody that sells the right size. so im thinking about getting a new exhaust manifold. what do you guys suggest for a V8 305 with 3 inch flowmaster?

Thanks

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I capped all the air inlets on my manifolds.I think they are 1/8" pipe plugs that I got at a hardware store.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

1/4" NPT plugs fit..the threads in the manfolds are "straight" pipe thread,or sometimes metric..uaually the 1/4" ones fit close enough to work fine..

If yours has some bizzare thread ,you could use the original fitting with the tubing removed,drilled and tapped for a pipe plug or bolt.(or weld or braze the pipe closed after squashing it!)...one truck we had at out shop had a big air pipe about 3/4" rotted off..desparate to get it quiet,we took the fitting out,and we put a penny under it,and screwed it back in!..

Worked slick,and it only cost one cent!...:D

4. Cove-Rider

Cove-Rider Registered Member

mine i think is 5/8's but no thread style will fit it and i have been to every store i can think of that sells any sort of brass fitting or even just a flat bolt. i cant find anything that works.