Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust on a TBI motor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Feb 29, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

What are you guys running? I was running manifolds to y pipe to factory cat to flowmaster 40 with 90 degree, but it sounded stock /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif On the way to work it took care of itself when the hanger fell out and started hitting my driveshaft, yanked it off now I'm straight out of the cat. Sounds pretty good to me, little too much like a stock truck with open but maybe a glasspack can help that. What have you guys found to sound good? I like my daily driver sounding good, my 95 sounded just plain nasty(good kind of nasty) and I loved it but it was too loud for daily driving.

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My '91 has got stock headers to Y piece then a hi flow cat immediatly followed by a Borla muffler (tho you can see straight thru the middle!) and then exits just behind rear wheel on driver's side. All in 3" stainless. Sounds really sweet. Quite a mellow burble when cruising then pretty cool when your on the loud pedal!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

If your running the stock "huge" cat, those act alot like mufflers and when you add the muffler to the mix it justs quiets down even more, i have that huge cat under mine with a straight through Cherry Bomb and it barely rumbles, but is still quiet to a point. Get a smaller high flow cat and then try that muffler out.

4. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

stock manifold and huge cat with an flowmaster 40 series sounds pretty good to me...

justin /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Not saying it sounds bad, i was just unable myself to get a decently "loud" rumble out of my particular setup even with a 30 series Flowmaster hooked in it. Thats why i tried the straight through cherry bomb, it goa abit louder, but still not really where i would like it, it is definately louder with just the cat and no muffler, but not the right tone.