Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust Opinions Desperatly needed! *Updated - pics!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by andhar, May 3, 2004.

1. andhar

andhar 1/2 ton status

Ok for years now I have had these tips on my car and I would like to do something different than the straight out the back slash cut tips that you normally see on trucks.

SO I thought of flat mounting the tips below RIGHT before the rear wheels up against the body (well with like 1/4 of an inch of space in between them and the body) one tip on each side.

Here is a pic of the tips I would like to use, let me know what you think... Please!

[​IMG]

2. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

Re: Exhaust Opinions Desperatly needed!

Mine exahust is 3 inch and it ends with a slight downward angle right before the axle, under the bed. It gets it our of the way, as not to crunch it on the trail, and because you cant see any of it, it kinda cleans out the underside of the truck. Sounds pretty good too.....

but as far as those tips, i think either right up against the bed, before the tires, or even cut little slots in the bed right in front of the tired and about 1" up from the bottom would probably look pretty sharp with those tips sticking out an inch or 2...

just a thought. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif good luck

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I would continue the exhaust to behind the tires, especially if you have nice wheels. The tail pipes will blow crap all over your wheels if you don't.

4. andhar

andhar 1/2 ton status

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Thanks for the response guys its appreciated.

5. gm guy

gm guy 1/2 ton status

Vancouver Island but work in Ft Mcmurray Alberta C

Post some pics after they are on!! My vote goes to putting those cool tips right at the back, depending on your bumper situation you could make some custom cutouts or tuck them in. This partly depends on how out of the way you neeed the exhaust to be. How much hardcore driving? I also like the above idea, like the A-TEAM van. Yeah!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

6. andhar

andhar 1/2 ton status

Re: Exhaust Opinions Desperatly *Updated - Pics

I will not be using the flat tips afterall I had an idea last night about those DTM Tips those ricer boys like so much.

SO I went to the walmart rice isle last night and got a test set to see what they would look like on the truck, thx to my gf for putting up with my shite and holding my tip /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

i dig em in front of the tire. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I vote for in front. I found that with the exhaust exiting behind the wheels it comes in the back window if you leave it rolled down. So, a cool benefit of having them exit in front of the tires is that you don't have that problem. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. andhar

andhar 1/2 ton status

Thanks again guys, I have been trying to find stainless DTM tips but I can't find them in the right size.

another issue that just came up is if i put them behind the wheel I will have a tip right under the gas cap and everytime i have put gas in the pump doesnt stop it oversprays onto the side of the truck and if there is a hot tip there i dont think that will be pretty.

SO the plot thickens, I am order my Flowmaster super 40s tonight.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I wouldn't put it in front of the tires. It'll get crushed off-road and it'll make your wheels look like pooh....

12. gm guy

gm guy 1/2 ton status

Vancouver Island but work in Ft Mcmurray Alberta C

I say staight out the back, and I liked the first tips better. Whatever you like though. I hope you know that the flowmaster 40's are loud, it would'nt bother me a bit (music to my ears), but some people hate the noise. Goodluck.