Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

exhaust outlet

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudgition, May 2, 2003.

1. mudgition

mudgition 1/2 ton status

I didn't want to hijack tectons post and I did a search looking for the answer but couldn't find any thing that addressed this in depth.

If I run the outlet in front of the rear tires, Will it be to loud/have to much fumes in the k5 with the top off/enough room under the truck to make the bend that early?

I will be putting the 40 series flows in it with all new 2 1/2 pipe. Should I dump them down/90 degrees out or angled?

Thanks for replies.

btw, I haven't bought the flows yet and I'm looking for that "hollow rumble" noise when idiling and that nascar sound when it gets romped. Is 40 series the way to go?

2. Langosta39

Langosta39 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure what the "nascar" sound is but it seems to me you'll have to spin more than 4500 rpm to get it no matter what you do.
    I put 30" glass packs on my 454 with true duals 2.5" and ran it straight back then turned it down about 45 degrees so it pointed at the rear axle. The truck is fairly loud and sounds like a really healthy V8 when sitting at high idle, at full throttle it sounds like it wants to kill someone, in a good way of course. With the long glasspacks it doesn't get ratty at high rpms or when engine braking. Cost me $290 installed with everything from the manifolds back. I'd put up some sounds clips for you if I didnt have very importnant homework due in 5 hours!

andy

3. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

I got way less fumes in the cab with the outlet infront of the tire than when i had it behind. I now have the outlet kinda behind, more above the tire. Still less fumes in the cab than when it was behind the tire. As far as noise goes, it doesn't really matter where it exits.

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

i got flow 50's out in front of the rear tire and its loud, not annoyingly loud but anything more and it might get that way. 40's might be too much.

5. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

My tips were at angles and down behind the rear tires, and it was fine, then we had to cut them when I lifted it, so it dumped under the cab, well it came in. Now they come behind the rear tires still, but there not at such a great angle as before, I dont notice any exhaust.

P.S. run em' straight out the back if you ever wanna run flame throwers!!