Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust Q's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86K5inMN, Jun 27, 2001.

1. 86K5inMN

86K5inMN Registered Member

Exhaust Q\'s

I was flipping through a summit catalog when I ran across a Flowmaster system for 87-91 Blazers. I have an 86 and was wondering what could be that differsnt. It's a cat-back system. Part # FLO-17161 if anyone is interested.

I am looking at this as an option because I can't find anyone that will do even a single 2.5" pipe from the cat-back with a muffler. They all get spooked because of emissions. WE DON"T EVEN DO CHECKS IN MINNESOTA ANYMORE!!

If anyone has any info please let me know. I need new exhaust and don't want stock.

THANKS

2. gpd4

gpd4 Registered Member

Re: Exhaust Q\'s

LMC Truck has a dual exhaust system for about $150.00 that worked pretty well for me. If you don't need the emission control...Anyway, it fits on the factory (cast) manifold and goes all the way back, with a 90 degree turn at the end. All I had to do was take out the heat riser on the passenger side and make new hangers on that side, too. The kit comes with all the pipes, clamps, mufflers (or glass packs), etc. It will fit long bed Chevy trucks, so I had to leave a section of pipe out on either side. With 35" tires, the pipes clear by about 3 inches.

'85 Blazer... 9" lift... 35-12.50 BFG AT's...LOTS of rust

3. sjeccles

sjeccles Registered Member

JEGS www.jegs.com sells a complete system from the stock manifolds back or a set that goes from headers back but you have to use Dynomax headers

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Be cool if it would fit (and be CA legal) since I have a 86 too and would like to buy it.... anyone, anyone...? Buller....?

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

5. redbeast

redbeast Registered Member

Hey Steph Im offended!!!!! naw not really.. hehehe . You go girlfriend....

1985 Blazer, 305 soon to be a TBI 350, 700r4, msd ign, 3.43s, headers, 31x10.50x15s