Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by purple76pearl, Mar 29, 2004.

1. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

well i have a simple question, about 5 months ago i purchased an 04 chevy silverado, and i have been looking for an exhaust system for it, but not having any luck finding one, they say you have to be carefull what you put on them, im curious what i can use, im wanting a lil sound and tad more power
    i have an 04 short bed 4x4 with the 4.8 V8 and a 5 speed, if anyone can help i would appreciate what info i can get, thanks guys

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I had an 01 GMC shortbed 2wd with a single in dual out 40 series flowmaster with tips out the back at a 45 degree angle. I loved it. It could get loud though, especially at higher RPM's. A guy I work with has an 03 2wd with a 4.8L and he put true duals on his. He is running two 50 series Flowmasters that exit at the bumper corners. Sounds worlds better than my GMC did, but it also cost twice as much. I would say go to a couple of reputable exhaust shops and talk with them and get some ideas. I think SLP sells exhaust for our trucks too. Kinda spendy though.

Kris