Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

exhaust question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by efilnikufecin, Jun 18, 2002.

1. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

just want some opinions on exhuast placement.what is the best way to route exhaust on a K5 so i don't get any fumes inside when the back window is down.is this possible?i got turn downs before the axle on my 78K5 and get a pretty good amount of fumes while driving down the road with the back window down.i want to put some exhuast on my 91K5 and wanted to be able to run with the back window down.thanks

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

There has been a lot of discussion on this topic here. I think that the general conclusion is that if you route the pipes out the side, You will have a much better chance of not getting fumes. The very nature of the Blazer ( Big box going down the road) causes a pocket of air to follow along with it where the fumes like to gather. Opening the back window gives it a place to go. Routing out the side will most likely be your best bet.

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I have mine routed just behind the tires. The thing I notice with the fumes- if my window's down, of course, the 2 door windows are down too, but If I open the floor vents, the fumes are a lot less. also, I only notice fumes while driving around town, once I get up to 4th gear, no fumes

try the floor vent trick

Brandy

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I've had mine routed both behind the tires and straight out the back, and I can't tell a difference b/c I got a lot of fumes with both setups but I haven't tried the vent trick. hmm.....