Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

exhaust question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bklynlifted, Oct 2, 2002.

1. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifok my truck needs a new cat i do not have one on the truck now my question is i have all the air polloution crap on the truck now i have seen cats with the air tube is that the type i need ???? 1988 350tbi /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Stylzz

Stylzz Registered Member

I think you have the same thing that I had on my Z28. There is a metal tube that goes from the cat and snakes up along the fire wall and connects into that air crap that comes off the exhaust manifolds and goes to the air pump. I took all of that stuff off of the Z but havent gone through emissions since because they are changing the testing process in CT. Probably wont even go when I have to. Hope I helped.
    Joe

3. mattyblazer

mattyblazer 1/2 ton status

Hi,
    For my 87' blazer I ordered the walker replacement for my make and model and it did not come with any tubes or a place to connect anything except the y pipe and the exhaust. A decent parts guy should be able to tell you from the part #.

Good luck
    Matt

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Same here, no air tube on my 87 (its does have the air box in the front fender). I'm going to order the Dynomax hiflo cats and they have the two types (with and without the air tube). I'm ordering mine without, any ideas on where to do a crossover pipe for a H-pipe setup? Pics? Jeremiah