Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust Routing with long travel rear shocks??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87GMCJimmy, Jul 15, 2002.

1. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I'm gonna take the truck in for a new exhaust and was wondering what you guys did and how did you like it. I found this picture of the UAV. I also remeber seeing pictures where people keep it inside the frame rails until after the rear spring hanger.

http://www.coloradok5.com/ranchoshockreview/rearshocksonramp.jpg

Just like the UAV, I have cut off the rear dog legs and have the ORD shackle flip with stock springs.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

The guy that did mine ran it like this to get around the shocks.He did this in the rear to keep it out of harms way.I just took it to him and told him I wanted it tucked up as far as he could and this is what I got /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Turn down tip in front of the axle. I have full flex, no interference and my exhaust is up inside the framerails, it turns down about a foot in front of the rear axle. My t-case skidplate even protects the flowmaster by preventing rocks from coming up to hit it /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I had them turned down in front of the axle and I got tired of suckin fumes when sitting idleing.Also kicks up alot of dust on the trail with em turned down.Sounded cool tho /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the Pics and ideas!!

Mike