Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

exhaust routing...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jekbrown, Feb 16, 2002.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

ok..went out to drop my tcase an inch and realized that my exhaust systems crossover is going to get in the way. This sucks, cause I have vibes and need to drop the case with the spacers! At any rate, does anyone have any innovative ideas on how to route my exhaust? I wanna keep my current headers and the rest of the stuff from the cat on back...I guess I am just looking for innovative off-road-rig friendly solutions for the crossover pipe part of the system. I was thinking the best thing to do was just run it right between the bell housing and the tranny oil pan....over the top of the front drive shaft....and perhaps having that section of the pipe bolt-on so if I need to do engine/tranny work I can just unbolt it and its out of the way.

Any ideas? pics would be *awesome*.

J

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown>http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown</a>

2. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Maybe you could go to your local parts store and get some of the exhaust pipe that you can bend and shape to fit however you want??
    Just an idea
    Ross

3. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

That flexible stuff is crap, don't waste your money/time. Have it fixed right at a local muffler shop. Stay away from the national chain shops and it prolly wont cost much at all. The local shops are more likely to do custom stuff like making it a bolt in so you can remove it when necessary. The national chains like to charge an arm and a leg for anything out of the ordinary.

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds1" Body Lift W/ Energy Susp. Bushings

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i am going to do exactly as you have thought of, having the crossover between the converter cover and tranny pan and making it unbolt for easy tranny service. As far as your vibe goes, i fixed my vibe by having a c/v shaft made for the rear using the 1350 joints since i have a 14bff out back. No more vibes even when the speedo is pegged. Try high angle driveline, jess is a good guy to deal with

5. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Block hugger headers straight up through the hood.....oh shoot, I forgot... you didn't want to lose the catback...nevermind.

John

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=)

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun31?&page=1>BLAZER PICS</a>

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i second chevyfumes idea.
    give it the option of being a BBQ at the same time. hot dogs anyone?
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

7. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

He could still keep the cat back part of the system, just wouldn't be attached to anything! [​IMG]

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

8. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

ideas for new exhaust. through the hood would get rid of the problem of smashing it on rocks and into my tiers.