Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust routing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FL84K5, Jun 19, 2002.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

If you have your rear fenders cut like the UAV and you still have your stock bumper on, how did you route your exahust? Im trimming my fenders and am getting new exausht done afterwards. I dont have the money yet to get a new rear bumper that dosnt wrap around like the stock one. Also, the exaust needs to be able to clear a future shackle flip. Any pics? Would it be ok to kind of angle down in front of the rear bumper? Up where it wouldnt get it, or would I have a problem with fumes? Any pics of your exhaust? Thanks

2. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

3. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    You might want to wait on the the exuast until you solve your bumber issue.I ran mine out the side after the rear tire until I went true dual exuast and then went straight back under the frame rails.It's fully protected by the shackle flip mount and rear hitch.

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

If you have a hitch just run it out along the sides of the hitch. Thats how mine used to be. The hitch wont let the ends get mulched. If the hitch does aloow you down far enough to crush it you have bigger problems. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

There may be a view of my tips so you know what Im talking about from the rear in my pics in the PI under construction album.

5. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

only problem with that is if you still run a top with the window down in the back the fumes will make you so high youll never wanna come down...

Later

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I dont know how big of a problem that is really. I have no tails or turn downs and run w/ the back glass down all the time unless its raining. Now when I ran it the other day w/ the back up, (it was raining) I could smell it pretty good till I opened the window. I finally opened the window regardless of the rain.

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Mine used to point out the sides at an angle, and all th fumes came in, but I got them both to come out of one side at a 90 degree angle and its a lot better.

8. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i had mine custum made at midas so that it would follow the frame rails and exit under bumber next to my hitch to protect it from getting banged up.

9. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I went to a exhaust shop here in Az and told them that I wanted them to be tucked up and out of the way. THey did a great job of doing that. I'll look for some pic's and see if I can e-mail ya some...

10. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I run full length headers into 2 1/2" pipe, with a Y behind the t-case, then into a single 3" Flowmaster (big block series), over the axle, and a single tailpipe just behind the tire. I have found this to be the least damage prone location.

Pete