Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust routing

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Muddytazz, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

My 75 burb currently has single exhaust down the drivers side. I'm wanting to run duals. What I'm needing is pics of peoples duals and the routing of the pipe down the pass side around the tcase. If it matters, I'm running a np203.

2. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

I dont have pics ill try tomorrow but i did most of it myself.On my 77 k10 i just got the kit from jegs for manifold duals and modified it to fit.On my 86 k5 i just made all the pipes i used the factory part from the manifolds left about 6 inches of it and started cutting and welding pieces together to make it fit.
    hope this helps a little!

3. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

I bought some pre bent pipes from Summit they worked great. They were made by headman and were about 2 feet long. Welded one end to my collectors and they had a bend in them to go over my transfer case cross member. Only cost about $15.

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I have a few pics in imagestation
    [​IMG]

I can take some more if you need better ones around the trans/tcase... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

So how does that work with Summit? Just call them up and ask for the diameter/length/shape you need?

I checked their site, just has some generic info on the pipe, but not sizes, lengths, etc.

I need that identical pipe (for passenger side I'm guessing in your case too?) and the local shops I've talked to won't even bend up a pipe to my specs.

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

my blazer used to have 3 inch true duals all the way back and out the back corners. they had no problem with the 203 and th350 on the pass side.
    would i do 3 inch again? only to the muflers then 2.5 out.
    Grant