Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

exhaust set up..for a lift kit

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jj4465, Aug 2, 2003.

1. jj4465

jj4465 Registered Member

well im debating on getting my exhaust done tomorrow or not....i just want dual straight pipe coming out the back....someone said the if theres a y-pipe it might be bad..otherwise it pry wouldnt matter?....what are your guys thoughts...a lift kit seems a little far fetched at the moment..cause it sounds pretty confusing to me....and it sounds like if u dont do it right u might be screwed...so i was just wondering if i could get my exhaust done and be safe if i wanted a lift later on...

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

You shouldnt run into any problems... just make sure and let them know that if they run an H or crossover pipe that your driveline angles will be changing and to take that into consideration.

As for the lift, as long as your not running IFS, its not rocket science. unbolt old suspension, bolt in new suspension. Depending on the height of the lift you may need to worry about pinion angles, driveline vibrations caused by pinion angles, steering geometry, brake line length, drive shaft length... I went with a simple 3" and only replaced my front brake lines because they were pretty worn to begin with. I didnt need to change anything else... though I did need an alignment when I was done.