Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust setup for 305????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TIGHTWORK82 K5, Sep 8, 2002.

1. TIGHTWORK82 K5

TIGHTWORK82 K5 1/2 ton status

whats a good setup for a 305 I.E. headers, duals, flows, pipe diameter????? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. TIGHTWORK82 K5

Oh yeah what do you do about the a.c. mount on the stock exhaust manifold? is there a aftermarket bracket?

3. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

UMM i dont have the greatest answer but i run the factory manifold and run true duals with no cats and an H pipe behind the t case , my pipes are way too big from what ive been told 2.5 i think or maybe 2.25 . but any ways 2 would be good i spose but i like how mine saounds , geee im just blathering i should go to bed ... sorry haha

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah at least one of the header companies makes a spacer that lets you use the stock AC bracket...hedman, hooker, edelbrock, check with those guys.

5. TIGHTWORK82 K5

went with flowtechs. they were only 100 bucks at pepboys cant go wrong with that. now 2 1/2 pipes with 50 or 40 series???????the 305 has a lunati cam and over sized valves flat top pistons at 9:5:1 compression.

6. AussieK5

AussieK5 1/2 ton status

Got rams'horn manifolds, true duals, no x over and 2.25". Mufflers are straight thru's and the pipes dump just before the rear diff. Works fine. Not to loud, but mines a pick up....could be different in a K5.

7. 85Jimmy

85Jimmy Registered Member

i got hooker comp headers and the dual kit 2.25 with mandrel bends for my 305- just get good mufflers my thrush turbos are less than a year old and allready leak out of the casing body, For the a/c i just cut my front bolt hole off the bracket so it will fit around the header tube. Chris

8. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

Go with your headers, 2.5" piping, and 40 series Flowmasters for good performance and an aggresive tone. I definitely agree with paying extra for quality mufflers.

Will

9. TIGHTWORK82 K5

picked up the 40 series today for 80 bucks each. get my k5 back tommarow!!!!!!! with new motor got to ride home open headers (hope i dont get a ticket) then up to the shop to bend my duals and see what the finished product will be!!! cant wait, its been 2 weeks without my rig!will post new pics monday! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. MontanaLifted

MontanaLifted 1/2 ton status

You didn't put a brand new 305cu motor in that rig did you?

11. TIGHTWORK82 K5

yup!
    gota new 305! with 5 yr 50,000 mile warranty.

comes with cam, head work, over sized valves, performer intake,carb. headers, flows, flat top pistons should be up around 280 h.p. the old 305 was not all that bad. I know all you die hard 350 guys are laughing. but hey I will run ya!! besides florida is flat and I never had to use 300+ h.p. in the mud. no hills to climb. pulls the 4-wheeler and flats boat just fine too!

12. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Don't go any bigger than 2 1/4 with your tubing, especially if you decide to go with headers. If you go too big you'll lose all your backpressure which in turn kills your low end. And with a 305 you need all the low end you can get /forums/images/icons/wink.gif .

13. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

hmm I have 3" pipes, headers, duals- and I have no problem with low end power.... even with 200K miles on my 305...but then again, could be cause I don't have an auto behind it...takes off plenty fast for me, and sounds pretty darn good too!

Brandy

14. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

can you buy pipes that will bolt right up and fit for the k5 or are they all bent speacially for the application? i want to have like regualer 2 inch pipes..duals..with 2 40 series flows running of a stock 305. is it better ot run some kind of a H pipe or could i just have to pipes just going right out the back all the way to the rear bumber? wear should they exit out or dumb out?