Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust Stacks for my 73

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ramses, Jul 2, 2004.

1. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know where I can get some exhaust stacks for my 73 3/4 ton truck? I have only found one place that sells them, Stylin Concepts, and theyre $800 which is way too much. Also if anybody knows anything about putting exhaust stacks on a truck or has pictures or any additional information at all on the process please reply, thanks.

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

check locally for a heavy truck supplier, they've got a nice selection of chrome goodies in 3"+

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I used to have a 66 Internation 4x4 pick up with home made stacks. Kinda cool watching it pop flames out the pipes. My stacks came up through the bed right behind the cab, about 3.5 to 4 feet apart from each other. I miss that old truck. It was blood red, and if you wiped the dirt off the doors and looked close enough, it still said Skelly.

4. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

jc whitney. it listed under rod type side pipes but guys around here use em for stacks.good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

unless you are just stuck on chrome stacks, get some exhaust pipe and go to town with a bender and welder. get them all mocked up and you could have them ceramic coated or something. just another maybe cheaper idea....

6. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

I think I found the ones you were talking about big d. It says theyre called Patriot Chrome plated dual shielded side pipes? I found the same ones in Summit Racing magazine for a little cheaper. Those look like they might be a bit tall on my truck, 52 inches would be about 10 inches higher than my cab lol I have a hard enough time fitting it in places as it is. Im positive on what I want, I want chrome stacks with heat shields like on the big rigs, preferably in 3 inch but no bigger than 4 inch.

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Go to Frieghtliner (Delta Truck Center), Peterbuilt, or any other truck parts dealership. You can ge 5" stacks up tp 6' long. We order them all the time for our trucks.

8. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

Ok well im either getting the ones from JC Whitney or making my own from Peterbuilt or Kenworth stacks. All I need to make sure of now is that its legal lol.