Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust stacks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bigred86chevy, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Bigred86chevy

Bigred86chevy Registered Member

Does anyone know where I can find stacks for my truck? I have an 87 K30 with a TBI 454 and I think some big 4" stacks coming up through my flatbed on each side would look great and make my big block rumble pretty good. I also think they would be pretty functional for those times my buddies say "its not THAT deep". If anyone knows a website or company where I could get some please let me know. This Side Up off-road

2. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

you might try your local big rig shop

3. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

use side pipes standing up.

4. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Jones Exhaust makes chrome stacks. I think they are 3" though, and 50" tall. JTS-300 is the part number. I think I saw a price of $209 at Streetables

5. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

A guy here had stacks on his dodge.Should have seen the look on his face after a little popcorn got poured down in them.Snow in the summer. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

I am going to use stacks from a GMC topkick on my 72 when the time comes, theyre 4 inches and CHROME, gonna be bold /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

(WOOHOO, 300!!!!!!!!)

7. Bigred86chevy

Bigred86chevy Registered Member

Another problem I was wondering about is how to keep water out of them when it rains. Even if they turn 90 degrees at the top, I would think rain would still get into them. I dont want tractor flaps on top and I really dont want to have to use the coffee can method. Any thoughts?

8. Looksback

Looksback 1/2 ton status

I am attemptting that same thing with my '74 C30, I have thought about the water and the snow, the only thing I could come up with was useing top hats, thay are not the flaps, but look like mini round tabels, with three thick rods, and a large diameter coin shaped peice of metal on top, as for the stacks, I have just use regular strait exsaust pipe, going about 6 inches about the cab, did not need to use stacks because the motor was a 292 inline six and does not make much heat, with a split muffler with one inlet, and two outlets. the hard part was trying to find a place to put the muffler, so to keep it from fuel lines, and hosees

LooksBack

9. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

drill a hole in the bottom of the pipe where it bends towards the engine, or use a rubber flapper valve like they put on the exhaust of Ski Nautiques and other marine exhausts.

10. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Has anyone EVER seen a K5 with a stack, almost hummer style? Just curious if it has ever been done before....

11. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I saw a picture of a K5 that somebody had run a stack right up through the bed and out of the hard top... it burnt to the ground. WHO WOULDA THUNK IT?????