Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust stink

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by magnum4x4, Feb 4, 2004.

1. magnum4x4

magnum4x4 Registered Member

Anyone kow how to get rid of that old car exhaust smell in the cab. Not sure if I have a leak or what. All I know is after I drive my truck I smell like I was sitting in the muffler. She has a small oil leak and it blows a small amount of smoke but the 350 run like a dream.

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

We can't exactly tell you much without standing next/in your truck. Is it running lean? Rich? Where does the exhaust dump? Maybe your burning oil. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Does your exhaust go staight out the back? And is your rear window ope or leaky,the tail gate seal good? There are so many probabilities. We need more info on your rig!
    Bill

4. magnum4x4

yeah, I just bought the truck, so I don't know much about it yet. The exhaust is stock so it spits out the side behind the wheel. The valve covers seem to be leaking a little bit. but not so much that It should smell that bad. I could be running rich or lean but I'm not sure how to check.

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Does it have exhaust leak at the manifold? This will seep into the cab and fumagate your nose and eyes! Or holes in the floor too!
    Bill

6. magnum4x4

It kinda looks like it's coming from the flange at the bottom of the manifold. I will be switching to headers and dual exhaust soon so hopefully that gets cleared up.