Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust stuff

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, Oct 2, 2001.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Two questions here. I have stock manifolds, 2.25 inch duals with no cats that go back to some Flowmasters and 2 inch tailpipes out the back. How much of a power increase am I going to notice if I get headers, 2.5 inch pipes, 2.5 inch Flowmasters and 2.5 inch tailpipes? I've already got an Edelbrock carb and intake, decent cam, Vortec heads, etc.
    Question number two is for the SM465/NP205 guys like me. What headers work the best and don't have clearance probs with our setup? TIA

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I'd think you should stick with your 2 1/4 inch exhaust (maybe increase to 2 1/4 exiting the muffs), and if you want do some headers, and have the money I'd go with the thorleys...

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I would go stay 2.25 with that motor. But upgrade to 2.25 tailpipes. as stated earlier.

I use hedman's hedders. I cant rember the part #, but you can go to their site and look it up, then get them from Summit. I use them on my ZZ4 with a 465/208 they work fine. No clearance probs. It clears the manual linkage.

John

<font color=blue>"When all else fails, read the instructions, or get a bigger hammer"</font color=blue>