Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust system for my 85

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85k5mudtoy, Jun 8, 2005.

1. 85k5mudtoy

85k5mudtoy Registered Member

Tryin to find a good bolt on exhaust system for the blazer. still got the 305 but probably adding a set of headers. Anyone know where i can get a decent setup. Thanks

Jesse

2. Jew Pimpin

Jew Pimpin Registered Member

I searched forever for a true duel from the header back for my 86. In the end I wound up going to my local exhaust guy and had him make me one, 2 1/2" flows from header back around $300. You can find bolt on's, but they will usually be dual to single.

3. 85k5mudtoy

The only system that i can find is a dynomax 2 1/4 through either Jegs or Summit. I was hoppin to find at least a 2 1/2. Dont know if i should settle with that for now just to get it back on the road/trails??

4. bayou blazer

bayou blazer 1/2 ton status

I found one from Hooker from their super Competition dual exhaust series and they have 2 1/2" pipes and are designed to be used with their stuff. By the way, I just installed the dynomax dual setup on my truck and it required some "tweaking"to fit.

5. 85k5mudtoy

Found the hooker site and checked the super competition dual exhaust but the only system that they list for the blazer/jimmy is for a big block. 396-454".
    Well it was worth a shot any way :confused:

6. Big Truck

Big Truck 1/2 ton status

I got my exhaust from summit hooker comp headers for my sbc, a hooker exhaust kit with 2 1/2 mandrel bends with 2 delta flow flowmasters came with all the hardware and cleared everything, except uses cheap exhaust hangers which i upgraded. I had to go on thier web site to find the parts.

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

The Hooker and Flowtech kits are 2.25", I sell a bunch of them, headers and all in one big package.

8. mountain4x4

mountain4x4 Registered Member

Dual 2 1/4" are more than enough for a 305, theyre fine for a mild 350 as well if you upgrade later.

9. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

I went with a local muffler shop and they did a fairly good job. They tucked it all up nice and tight against the body to maximize ground clearance. I don't think you'll find that in a bolt on kit.

10. Big Truck

Big Truck 1/2 ton status

Yep I was wrong my pipes are 2.25.

11. 85k5mudtoy

MudFrog, i went to your site and it doesnt seem to list that system. How much do you get for it and which mufflers do you recomend for it. I am interested, plus your not that far away so the shipping wouldnt be that bad. Also, do you think that i could pass the VA "Sniffer" emmissions without the cats? Thanks

Jesse

12. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Your right, I don't have that system listed as of yet, I do have it listed on ebay though (I think :crazy: ). I'll check on a price for ya and let ya know. As far as mufflers it depends on what your looking for, loud, semi loud, quiet, rumble, smooth tone? There are a bunch of options.

13. 85k5mudtoy

MudFrog, I appreciate the help. how does that system fit. any modifications needed to install it, how about the headers, will they work if i still have the AIR pump? As far as sound i dont want it annoyingly loud but i want a good semi-loud rumble.