Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

exhaust system opinions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 76blazerguy, Apr 20, 2005.

1. 76blazerguy

76blazerguy 1/2 ton status

hey, after finally getting my new intake manifold and carb on im starting to feel the power growing. I currently have the stock exhaust and exhaust manifold apart from a flowmaster delta flow muffler. Im going to go ahead and get a new system in a week or so. This is my plan as of now. Flowtech afterburner headers, magnaflow x pipe 2.25's. 2 flowmaster super 40's both 2.25s and both exiting just behind the rear wheels. and new pipes as mine are rusting away. I know the flowtechs arent the greatest but i can get a set cheap if im quick about it. if anyone wants to know what engine mods its a 350 with a crosswind manifold, K&N filter, K&N xstream lid, and a edlebrock 650 thunder series carb. what do you all think? anything you would change.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  2. 76blazerguy

76blazerguy 1/2 ton status

i fergot to say that all the pipes will be 2.25 also. is any one going to help!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  3. blazerguy 90

blazerguy 90 1/2 ton status

in my opinion 2.25'' exhaust pipe on a 350 engine is to small, I would recomend 2.50'' exhaust pipe, im replacing the exhaust on my 90 K5 from the y-pipe back, im using a new y-pipe thats duel 2.50 in and single 3'' out to a 3'' in/out cat converter back to a 40 series flowmaster 3'' in duel 2.50 outlets, with chrome tips out the back. it should sound good when its done. everything is being installed next week.