Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

exhaust system questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by odoa3, Jun 30, 2005.

1. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

First foray in the world of exhaust. I just put some FlowTech headers on my 75 K5. I bought every thing from the collectors back from Carquest and nothing fit. So, I am trying to get the exhaust finished for a run this weekend. Can I just go to a Mienke or Midas and give them the spec's and have them bend up both pipes and tail pipes? Not sure how that really works. Do they know all the bends to get around the tc, through the frame and around the gas tank? Not so sure I want to run the K5 through town with open headers so taking it down to the shop is out.
    Thanks for the info.

2. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

See if your local speed shop can overnight you an exhaust. Going with duals? I bought mine from Dynamax and didnt know until it came in that it fits both suburbans and blazers. You need to cut the pipes to shorten it up. But all and all its a great exhaust. Ive had it 3 years no rust. Strong too Ive ripped the exhaust off a few times but its always the hangers never bent or broke a pipe.

3. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

Checked that out and the shipping up here was almost the same as the cost of the exhaust. That was why I was hoping to get it done locally.

4. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

i would just drive it to a local shop..and have them finish it up there..as long as you don't drive to far and keep the rpms down, you should be ok with the coppers...i drove to another town to get my exhaust finished once..about 35 miles down the freeway, with nothing but headers on...not legal..but i was as quiet as i could be, and didn't diddle dally around, just went straight there...and yes it was loud..but its worth a shot.
    and if push comes to shove..if you have AAA or something like that, have it towed to a shop..a tow would probably be cheaper than a ticket and/or shipping on new pipes