Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

exhaust system

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by joshkbomb, Apr 2, 2004.

1. joshkbomb

joshkbomb 1/2 ton status

I'm having a hard time finding dual exhaust and headers for my truck. It's a stock 87 k5 blazer with a 350 and a catalytic converter. LMC has shorty headers which are direct bolt on, but their dual exhaust system is for trucks without the catalytic converter. My dad even mentioned that it might be illegal to have dual exhaust on my truck, because he was told it was illegal on his 88 s-10! Maybe I should use that dual system from LMC and take it to a muffler shop and have them install catalytic converters. I'm stumped. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Look at any large wholesaler like SUMMIT or JEGS and they should have some headers that fit your truck. As far as getting actual exhaust for your truck, I would let the exhaust shop bend it all up and put it on. Make sure the place is reputable though. If you have to have your truck inspected or smogged, you need cats!

Kris

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea what the other guy said..and dynomax makes a dual kit for these trucks, but i would just go have them bent up..although the kit may be cheaper..