Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

exhaust???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by the fall guy, Jun 10, 2005.

1. the fall guy

the fall guy Registered Member

Hey guys...I'm sure this has been brought up before but I need to know what exhast to run on my truck ( 85 305 ...swapping a 350 in a couple of years)(headers, diameter, and type of muffler) I'm trusting you guys seeing we pretty much drive all the same truck, give or take. I am looking toward shorty headers and zinc plated mainly because my dad had steel ones and they blew out 4 years later. Also if there are any kits out there that offer this.
    Thanks
    Nick :o

2. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

I ran Gibson Stainless headers on my 350 Sub. No AIR injection. Then I had a dual exhaust system run. One exhaust system for each cylinder bank. 2 1/4 " pipe with a high flow cat and regular (quiet) muffler for each side. No crossover pipe. The exhaust guy said that the distance was too great between the two sides that the crossover would not do much. I had run flowmasters, then turbo mufflers, and finally just put on the quiet one's, and I never noticed any difference in power or fuel mileage. The shorty headers did make a noticable difference over the stock manifolds though. More low end torque and 1 MPG around town. 2-3 MPG's on highway.

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Mine has a custom dual set up. Shorty headers, and then flowmaster's (40's???) The way the guy did it- was for every bend in the left, theres a matching bend in the right, and vice versa. Theres no Y pipe or cross over or anything like that. 3" pipes all the way back. I like the rumble.... :D and personally- with a truck like this- can you really care what happens to gas mileage, I mean- its never going to get 20 mpg.

Brandy