Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhaust

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by anjieandjohn, Jul 16, 2006.

1. anjieandjohn

anjieandjohn Registered Member

I have to replace my exhaust system including the cat converter because it failed the state inspection. Any suggestions as to which system to use? I have all stock pipes and exhaust right now and dont want to put a high performance system on until I jerk the motor out and have it rebuilt.

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

What failed, emissions or visual ??
    If emissions, you should be able to replace just the converter. The stock ones are pretty big and replacements still available so minimal modification is required. I would also send a PM to "Mudfrog" and ask him what exhaust parts he may have.

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Might as well put your money into a good exhaust system that will out last your current motor and work with your future motor as well. Mudfrog is a Vendor on this site sells exhaust parts at good prices and is almost local to you in Virginia.

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159860

4. anjieandjohn

anjieandjohn Registered Member

It failed the visual. I guess there were to many rust spots and holes in the tail pipe for the inspector. Aside from that, I needed to replace the cat anyway because it was rattling with a vibration.