Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

exhaust

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoSmog73, Jan 8, 2002.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Just wondering why when I stard up the blazer the exhaust that came out ton the drivers side was a white color and the passenger side was clear exhaust truck runs great now just wondering -thanks mike

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

ttt anyone??????

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Clear smoke? can you clarrify that? If its clear how do you see it? Just wondering thanks.. and if you are asking why you have white smoke, prolly valve guides or if its really bad piston rings.

87 Custom Deluxe
    305/Sm465/ NP208
    4.56 , 35" BFG Muds, Series 40 delta flow 3" tips
    Coming Soon: All springs, shocks, and body work

4. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

WHite smoke usually means water is being burnt. Valve guides=oil leakage=blue smoke on startup.... I know becuase my truck does it now. you loosing water from time to time? Just my idea.
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com>www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com</a>

5. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

Do you have true duals or a cat-back dual system. I've seen a few cat-back exhaust systems do that. It looked like the vapor was being forced out of the shorter pipe. I may be mistaken though! Anybody else witness this? What does the exhaust smell like?

Bo

If it breaks, it wasn't good enough!
    http://coloradok5.com/gallery/liberator

6. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Let's see here when I started it the smoke didnt smell rich or lean just the color of the exhaust was whiteish and not that bad just that it was hardly noticable on the pass side, I do have true duels and no cat other than the one that I ran over ... just wondering it runs really good now.thanks-mike
    l