Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. blazerboy5814

blazerboy5814 Registered Member

I'm looking at putting a new exhaust on my truck, and right now I have a flowmaster muffler hooked straight up to my y pipe. I was wondering what everyone suggests I should do. I was thinking about a single-in/dual-out muffler setup, but I will still have to find myself a cat.

Any ideas would be helpful!

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

motor stock? gonna stay stock??? some questions you should consider before you decide what to do...

3. rawhead

rawhead Registered Member

I went with a single 3" aluminized exhaust pipe from the Y back. I also have a high flow 3" straight through cat converter and a flowmaster muffler. Keep in mind with dual exhaust... when you lift/change your rear suspension setup, those pipes are norrmally in the way. The fewer the pipes the better down the road. [​IMG]

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

DUMPS dont get in the way /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But I wouldent recoment them on a BLAZER... but for a truck YES

5. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Surprisingly dumps aren't that bad on a blazer. I have dual pipes run back to a set of 40 series deltaflow Flowmasters and dumped right in front of the axle. It sounds great, quite a bit of interior resonance though, makes all the loose screws rattle in the truck. If you don't mind noise then I suggest dumps, I don't have any problems with fumes with the top on or off. The only thing that I have to deal with is the dust that the pipes stir up on dirt roads at idle.

Just my .2

Krennen

6. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I just finished my exhaust tonight /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have Thorley Tri-Y headers, Dual 3" pipe, 2 Flowmaster 50's...Right now the 50's have no tail pipes on them..But I am going ot add tailpipes or just dump it in front of the axle...

IMHO, it is a little too loud...I am going to switch the mufflers I think to Dynomax Ultra Flo rounds or Magnaflow...

Chris

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got headers,dual flowmaster 40 series mufflers with dual 2.5 pipes with huge dual 5" tips dumped between the rear axle and gas tank. I cut the stupid cat out of course.Sounds like a pro street camaro! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I have pictures in my member album.

85K5 3/4ton,14bolt,10bolt,9"lift,35"boggers,16.5x14welds,big horse 406SBC/700r4 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif