Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhausted looking for a diesel exhaust system...

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by TowRig, Oct 4, 2001.

1. TowRig

TowRig Registered Member

Well:

The CUCV M1009 has lost the passenger side tail pipe and both mufflers have holes in them. I've looked through a few catalogs (LMC, Jaq Whitnay, Summit) and have yet to fiind a direct bolt-up duel exhaust for a 6.2 diesel. Do the 5.7L gasser systems match up??? Went to NAPA and they have to order half the system from Walker, oh the cost, $270 w/o hardware. So do you folks have any Ideas for a complete duel or single exhaust and pricing would be appreciated!

Tanks in advance,

Kevin

Ahh.... torquing on a cup of cofffee with the smell of diesel exhaust on the way to work....humm...way to the deer stand.

2. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

i got a complete exhaust from maremont for my truck for around 200 from where I work. Just try to find a maremont dealer near you. I got all the parts through them from manifolds back.

82 K5, 6.2L Diesel, sm465, np205, 14 bolt welded, 8 lug 10 bolt lock right, 410 gears, 35" Mud Kings
    SPEAK SOFTLY AND DRIVE A BIG TRUCK

3. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Hi!
    I did a new exhaust using Afterburner muflers from flowtech and loose bends you'l find at autoshops. Check out my write-upp on my page.Link below:

<font color=red><a target="_blank" href=http://www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com>www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com</a></font color=red>

4. DSLBLAZER

DSLBLAZER Registered Member

I took my k5 to marco muffler and had it converted to a single 3" with a magnaflow for $200. I was quoted $300. for a duel 2.5" with a balance pipe.

Keven

5. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Put a single 3" Mandrel bent system on it with a high flow muffler, and you will love your NEW truck. Look on the Banks website, and copy their sidewinder system. You can buy the Y pipe from them directly, and then go to a muffler shop and have them order you a mandrel bent tail pipe. You will not believe the difference in your truck!!! This is what i did to mine.

1990 K5 4" lift, 33's, 3.73's Raptor Tranny and Velvet Rides....