Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhausting

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Nov 3, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Well I drove the blazer the other night and when I pulled into the gas station on the way home I seen my tailpipe was hangin down. The Shitty Midas scab job finally gave out and the pipe twised off the muffler and is hanging by the hanger. I could patch it up again but I need to modify my front crossover pipe anyhow. So I have a place here in town that will use my parts and do a setup anyway I want. This is a highway rig with full TBI setup, would a set of the TES headers do me any good or should I just have them make me a new ypipe off the stock manafolids? How about a set of JBA shorties? Anyone use those? Weld in a bung and buy an A/C bracket? Those with the TES kits how'd the ypipe fit with the lift?

Anyhow I'm planning on using a 3" cat, a 3" in dual 2.5" out Flowmaster Delta Flow 50 Series SUV muffler (keep it quite on the highway), with dual outs routed around the tank and out at a 45* angle behind the spring hangers... Maybe some nice chrome tips /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Anyhow, show me some pics, tips, tricks and routings... Tim's got my gears and install kits so it needs to be done in the next couple weeks. Get ready for the snow! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

i've got the t.e.s. headers on my sub with tbi. i tried to install them myself but got frustrated and paid to have it done. spark plug access is worse. it was also hell replacing the temp sender for the guage on the driver's side head. performance wise, i picked up four miles per gallon with the headers and a flowmaster muffler. it definately gets hotter in the inside now. my feet sweat from being close to the fire wall. i'd get em coated if i were you. my burb is not lifted and it fits fine. the y pipe hangs down less on the tes system. anything else?

3. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

TES is the way to go. I would suggest getting the good set of EARL's pressure master exhaust manifold Gaskets with the lead inserts, and some of those nice self locking header bolts. The gaskets that come with the kit and also the Y pipe bolts are crap. I upgraded to grade eight with Bowmatorque nuts on the y pipe to header connections. That way everything stays nice and tight. If you dont like rusty headers, you might want to order them ceramic coated for more $$$ I Kind of wish I had went that route. A good high heat paint like VHT before install will help if you go the regular way. Good Luck! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif