Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhuast Q

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXsizeK5, Nov 4, 2002.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Anyone have experience with the Flowmaster 50 vs Dynomax Turbo Mufflers? Is the flow a bit lowder? Deeper? Im looking for something to drown the sound of my engine (ya know, like the space ship sounding thing), but my current dynomax's with cats and true duals arent doing too good of a job =/
    I dont want the exhuast to be too loud though.

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Let me see if I can help...because I'm going through the same thing right now. I posted a while ago about me being pulled over, and, well, I have to change my exhaust to something quieter. I have/had a glasspack.
    So, first I thought series 40 flowmaster. Checked their website and that looks to be to loud. Then looked at series 50 flowmaster...better. But still too loud for my application. Then looked at the series 50 delta flow (I think the delta flow part means it emits less interior resonance). Then, I looked at the series 70 big block. Perfect for what I wanted (low sound levels), but way too expensive. That got me thinking about cost...I've already got $300 invested in exhaust. So, that canceled out all of my flowmaster choices.
    I heard from another member on here about Dynomax Super Turbos, and how they won't be that loud. So, that is what I was going to get. Going to get because...just got done talking to the shop and they said that a Dynomax Super Turbo installed would be $200. That sounded like a lot, so I asked what other muffler they could suggest that would also give me less noise and less price. The guy said some Accelerator muffler. So...that's what I'm going with now (going to be around $150)
    I hope in all of my explaining of my situation, you got some info about the sound levels of various mufflers.

3. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

I have a flowmaster 50 on my blazer with headers and cat. Its not that loud. When you step on it you can here it but its not overly powerful. My friend trevor had dynomax turbos on his 65 gmc hotrod and that thing was quite.

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

If you're looking for loud noise inside and out, go Flowmaster series 40 (Original, not delta flow).
    Link to 40's with sound sample: click here
    Sound sample is down next to the bar graph thingy.

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

My nabor had FM 40's put on his El Camino and I wanted something that wasn't as load so I had the same shop install FM 50's and both have no cats and true duals. well mine is a lot loader than his. Dont just go by sound on any vehical... Look for something that is similar to yours....