Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhuast shop in Mesa, AZ

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by mudman83, Dec 7, 2006.

1. mudman83

mudman83 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Does anyone know of a good exhaust shop in mesa or surrounding areas? I need a custom exhuast system for my turbo 6.2 I am building.
    Thanks,
    Kyle

2. blaza

blaza 1/2 ton status

Apache muffler on.. You guessed it! Apache. I think its on extention.
    480 964 9272

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Not in Mesa, but there is a guy on Cave Creek just north of Northern who is an absolute master of custom exhaust. He managed to get my 3" exhaust complete with 36" glass pack snaked through my cross members, double triangulated 4 link, custom fuel cell with 1 gal dropped sump, and an absolute forest of obstructions, all while keeping it nice and neat, tucked up exactly like I wanted it. It also has a drop out cross over forward of the converter that makes trans R/R much easier while still keeping it safe. It never crosses my mind to go anywhere else, and he’s built 3 so far for my buggy as I went through the various morphs over the years.

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Apache Mufflers did mine on my 78 and did a great job... I will use them again....

5. mudman83

mudman83 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well I went down to Apache mufflers to talk to them. I asked the manager how much it would cost to get the cross over pipe and stuff built for my turbo diesel. He said if it was a turbo diesel it would not need a cross over pipe and would not have exhaust manifolds and that what I was saying didn't amke any sense. Mine is a 6.2 and happens to have them. After that he treated me like an idiot and thought that I did not know what I was talking about, and wouldn't really listen to my questions. He kept saying that, "I cant do anything with out the vehicle here," although I was just asking if he sold the collectors for my exhaust manifolds and turbo(which I had at the time) so that I could build the rest of the exhuast myself. When he said," I am going to tell you for the 4th time I cant do anything with out the vehicle here," I just left. I know he is much better at building exhaust than i will ever be, but maybe he needs to learn how to listen to customers, even if they are younger than him. Needless to say he kind of pissed me off and I want to avoid that place if possible.

6. blaza

blaza 1/2 ton status

Wow! Did you talk to the old guy? Maybe he was having a bad day.. He was nice to me and very helpfull. Cheap too!

7. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

I used Apache Muffler as well. Treated me well and did good work. And the all important - Great pricing.

8. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

Ok I have had about 12 exhaust systems done at apache. The old guy Butch sold the company to somebody else. the new guy is pretty god at exhaust too but he seems to be kinda Ruff I guess you could say. Anyways dont let him get under your skin, its just the way he is. Anyways, alot of the time you will need to take your truck into them befor they will give you a price. If you bring the truck in to get a quote its usually alot cheaper then asking them over the phone, and bring CASH the prices drop considerably, If they like you and you dont need a receipt they will drop the price a few more $$$.

9. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

that goes for most exhaust shop, the one i deal with is 50 for easy jobs and 100 for this may take some time:D