Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exhuast upgrade.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Aug 26, 2001.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

What kinda exhuast should I upgrade to? I was thinking of getting the flowmaster force 2 catback, any other suggestions?? it says 10-25 hp and 2-5mpg improvement.

87 k5, 6inch lift, 35" BFG mud terrains.
    Future Mods: KN, Flowmasters, all spring, 14bolt (FF)

2. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

I have the force 2!!!!!!! It rocks, and for so little money. But I coupled that with the high flow direct fit cat also. So I did a double whammy! Being 17, I bet I could go for the 40 series but it comes with a 50 and that is really nice, just right, you can always hear it, but when you mash the gass, it roars!!! BUY IT!!!!
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com>www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com</a>

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

You'll get a hp increase, but I don't know about the milage that much. Especially with that pretty exhaust note comein out [​IMG]

What kind of sound are you looking for and what noise level do you need to keep it at?

It's been lovely, but I have to scream now.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/>http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/</a>

4. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I dont want it too loud, but noticible.
    I would definately ratherhave mpg improvement rather than hp, any suggestions to that?

5. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

I was bumped up a little more than a mile per gallon with the cat and muffler.
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad[/blue
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com>www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com</a>

6. dragricinMT

dragricinMT 1/2 ton status

My gas mileage went out the window, but Im in the throttle all the time. I love the sound of myy flowmaster 50 series.

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I also have the Force 2 with a Catco converter. I never checked mpg since it has been on. Sounds great for a single pipe. As far as the horsepower I don't know because my engine is tired. It did feel a little snappier off the line though. I got everything from Summit Racing and the install was easy.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

8. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

You installed it yourself? Did it come w/ instructions... anyhting required like welding?? Thanks

9. 1990SilveradoK5

1990SilveradoK5 1/2 ton status

I was lookin at that same system this last week when I received my new summit catalog. It is nice then? I have rewelded my exhaust pipe twice and my brackets once just need for it to let loose so I drive over it. LOL Well atleast then I could justify the new exhaust to the better half.

Gone Large and Loving It.
    Keith
    Manchester, MI

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Guys, I rave about my exhaust setup but I love it. It's a Dynomax header dual kit. The manifold dual kit is just as good.

I have the Jet-Hot coated headers, 2 1/4" dual exhaust pipes, 12" glasspacks, and it includes the tailpipes (side exit).

I like the side exits better than rear, it took me one hour to put the pipe on, and the kit is complete minus two mufflers and four clamps to install the mufflers.

I have also installed the manifold kit on another truck, a 1/2 ton LWB. It turned out fitting very well too.

&lt;a target="_blank" href=http://mavericktim.freeyellow.com/exhaust.jpg&gt;Here's a picture of my setup. It was worth every penny.&lt;/a&gt; It cost me$200 for the headers, $110 for the pipes, and $16 each for the mufflers. The manifold kit is $115 I think, simply add mufflers to that and you've got a full dual exhaust kit. Or, go for the painted headers and have the same setup as me for $100 less. Choose your mufflers as they'll make the sound.

Oh yeah, I'm not sure if you can see it in the picture, but there's not a single spec of rust anywhere on my exhaust and I've had it for 9 months now.

Fixed it.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 84_Chevy_K10 on 08/28/01 11:09 PM.</FONT></P>

11. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Link didn't work. says: We're sorry, but this page is currently unavailable for viewing.
    If this site belongs to you, please read this help page for more information and assistance

<font color=red><a target="_blank" href=http://www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com>www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com</a></font color=red>

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I forgot, geocities doesn't let you link to it anymore. I fixed it.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles