Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exo and interior cage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun, Jun 21, 2004.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

If you have an exo cage what is the point of an interior roll cage./ Isnt that just alot of weight you could get rid of. What are the benefits to having an interior roll cage if you have an exo?

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

an exo does almost nothing for support in a roll, just for looks.

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    an exo does almost nothing for support in a roll, just for looks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for looks my ass! A properly designed exo can do alot more than just look like a jungle gym. First of all the point of an exo cage is to protect the body, that is it's primary goal. If you want good roll protection then you either need to cut through the roof and run an X brace behind the front seats for some triangulation or do a seperate inner cage and tie the two together. If you don't care about the body then just do the inner.

4. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

speaking of exo's Jason, was that what i saw on the crewcab? If so when did that happen? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Needs a little cross bracing through the body but if done right it will protect the body and people. K% with it's narrow frame is actually pretty easy to cross brace through. If you give up the center consol iyou could brace down to the frame and rear seat passengers could pass between the front seets to gain rear access rather easily.
    Behind the back seat do a second cross brace and you would have a pretty tough Exo.

6. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Thank you for the replies. I was just wondering. I was going to do a roll cage but since I also want to keep my body straight so I was going to do an exo. Just wonderin if it was worth doing an interior cage also.

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

You could do a combination of the two. I run an interior cage with lower body protection all around.

8. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

I was thinking a interior with cues off of dblazers when it was full bodied.