Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

expected travel with tough country ezride

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by brewser, Oct 30, 2003.

1. brewser

brewser Newbie

I recently bought an 89 jimmy. It's in good condition mechanically but the suspension needs some help since it leans in the rear on one side. As long as I was replacing the springs I decided to perform a lift too. I choose 4inch tough country ezrides in the front and 2 inch ezride in the rear, along with a 2 inch shackle flip. Before I put the lift on I need to know about what suspension travel I can expect, both compression and extension, so I can order shocks that are the correct length. Thanks for any help ... and from what little snooping I've done here, it looks like this place rocks!

2. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

4" Tuff Country EZ-Rides up front, 4" shackle flip in the rear.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. brewser

brewser Newbie

So that's the amount of flex I can expect. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    But do you have the numbers of as far as compression and extension go so I can order my shocks?

4. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

I think you could out flex the front shocks, Id say spend the couple of hours and 40 bucks do the ford f250 shock tower mod and get some 12in travel shocks like rancho rs9012s for example or equvilant for your front ( i have 4 inch rancho springs with a 1 inch zero rate and after this even with the sway bar in i can just about run out of travel on each shock, i have disconnects so i know i can max them out when i disconect it ) the back im not sure im running 9012s there to but its on a 14 both which the shock mount is really low on, and i have 6 inch lift there

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I've got the 6" EZ rides in the front with longer shocks. It seems to flex out decently. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[​IMG]