Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Expensive Rivalry

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by B1Bomber, Apr 7, 2001.

1. B1Bomber

B1Bomber Newbie

Heres the deal my stuck up neighbor just put 38's on his ol Ford. I can't fathom the fact that his ride is taller. So fat 39 M/T's w/15x14 in rims are going on my blazer. 8in Skyjacker w/ 2or3in body should be plenty to oust his rig. My 91 blazer runs 10 bolt's. It's strictly a road toad till i upgrade to a 44dana/60dana axles. Will the 10 bolts hold under the stress of 39's for about a year with pampered grama style driving? It takes me stricly to and from work which is 12 miles a week with an occasional trip to town 8 miles one way. Also can anybody tell me where I can purchase a kit to convert my yoke from a slip to a fixed. I run a 4 spd man. w/ an NP241. Any assistance with this ego trip is greatly appreciated Thanks..............

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

yes they should hold up as long as you dont hot rod it or try any hard wheeling. but i would get a dana 60 front and a 14ff as soon as you can lol

77blazer see it at<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</A>[​IMG]

3. B1Bomber

B1Bomber Newbie

Thanks for the reply Ill take your advice

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

no problem

77blazer see it at<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</A>[​IMG]

5. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

One of my hunting buddies here has a Ph**d that is running 39's with D60/44, and I'm the one he calls to come to his rescue (which is a lot). I'm running 33's with corporate 12/10 bolts and 4.10 gears. Even had to go out in the middle of a pasture where we hunt and haul 2 deer for him, it takes his truck about the size of this pasture to get it turned around. Told him he was handicapping the Ph**d when he put the tool box in the bed and he wouldn't be able to tow or haul anything (typical Chevy - blue oval rivalry). Any way about the only problem you may encounter is ball joint wear and the check the frame where the steering box bolts up to and maybe go ahead and reinforce that area. The bigger tires will put added stress on that area. B1 Bomber, aka Bone, HAWK (Holiday and Weekend Killer), SLUT (Strategic Low Utilization Trainer), Been working the Bone myself since '85. Sent you a private last night, wlecome aboard.

6. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

your power will suffer, unless you re-gear. my 89 is getting by on 35's, i don't think i could go bigger and still hold fourth gear.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

7. LA Bogger

LA Bogger 1/2 ton status

Watch DRMO sales every once and a while a 1 ton chevy trucks or Blazer end up there with a secret bid. Friend of mine got a completed K30 60/14 axles 500.00 complete truck..
    Of course this is only for Government and Military member.

Eat More Mud!!